Project Engineer - Engineering and Development Services
The Project Engineer manages development of design plans, right-of-way acquisition, and construction management activities for transportation Capital Improvement Program projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees planning, design engineering, right-of-way acquisition, bidding and construction management of transportation Capital Improvement Program projects.
- Prepares proposal documents for engineering contractual services.
- Coordinates transportation projects and other projects with federal, state, regional and county agencies.
- Participates in regional and local transportation programs and projects.
- Coordinates project information with other Town departments.
- Responds to citizen inquiries concerning projects.
- Performs construction, transportation, traffic, geotechnical, and underground utility engineering tasks.
- Coordinates public information meetings for Town projects.
- Prepares studies, develops cost estimates and researches assigned projects.
- Performs field reviews on selected projects to ensure compliance with approved plans, codes, ordinances and specifications.
- Supervises the roadway and stormwater field inspectors.
- Assists EED to provide inspection resources and proposed solutions for Flood Investigation Team.
- Coordinates Town projects with private, state and county projects.
- Assists with on-going implementation of Town’s Pavement Management System.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with four (4) to six (6) years of engineering design experience, preferably in roadway/highway engineering;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- South Carolina Professional Engineering (PE) License or current Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate required with attainment of a South Carolina Professional Engineering (PE) License within two (2) years of hiring;
- Valid South Carolina Drivers License.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $60,879.00
- Max Hiring Rate $76,089.00
- South Carolina, USA