Occupational Therapist (Per Diem)
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist for the Rehabilitation Services department located at the St. Ann’s Home located on our Irondequoit campus. The primary purpose of your job is to provide high quality evaluation and treatment services for individuals requiring Occupational Therapy Services.
You will plan, organize, develop, implement, evaluate and direct Occupational Therapy, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with the current applicable federal, state and local standards, rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long term, subacute and outpatient care.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- In-House position (non-agency)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Sick Leave
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Provide evaluation and treatment services for Patients, Residents, Participants and Outpatients of St. Ann’s Community as ordered by qualified medical practitioners. Consistently deliver high quality service, being responsive to internal and external customer needs, within the scope of practice as defined by the American Occupational Therapy Association and the New York State Department of Education.
- Complete required documentation on time.
- Ensure that notes are informative and descriptive of education and care provided and of the resident’s response to care; seek renewal of orders as required.
- Communicate effectively with Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Protect the confidentiality of these records.
- Provide information necessary for family and interdisciplinary communication.
Complete home assessments when indicated.
· Maintain equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to Manager.
· Maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external Customers.
· Model positive, proactive, team oriented behavior and upholds OT standards. Communicate actual and potential problems to the Therapy Coordinator in a timely manner.
· Participate in meetings and on committees as requested and approved by supervisor
· Provide guidance and training for OT/COTA staff as needed and supports in-service education for staff, families, and patients/residents.
· Act as a Clinical Instructor for OT students when approved by supervisor.
· Meets efficiency outcomes as described by Assistant Administrator and/or Therapy Manager
· Supports and upholds OT standards
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Administrator or Therapy Manager.
- Current NYS License/Registration as an Occupational Therapist
- High level of professionalism
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly