Physical Therapy Assistant (Per Diem)
Physical Therapy Assistant
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a per diem Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant located at the St. Ann’s Home located on our Irondequoit campus. The primary purpose of your job is to assist the Physical Therapist in planning, directing and administrating Physical Therapy services in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, to ensure that the highest quality of care can be maintained at all times.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- In-House position (non-agency)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Provide treatment services for Patients, Residents, Participants and Outpatients of St. Ann’s Community as ordered by qualified medical practitioners and directed by a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Assists the PT’s with the development of an appropriate treatment plan, selecting activities and exercises based upon the medical and social needs of the resident /patient. Implements the Physical Therapy treatment plan, under the supervision of an PT
- Consistently deliver high quality service, being responsive to internal and external customer needs, within the scope of practice as defined by New York State Department of Education.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the primary therapists.
- Update the primary therapist when patient/resident abilities have changed, when reevaluation is required, and when treatment goals require updating.
- Complete required documentation on time.
- Ensure that notes are informative and descriptive of education and care provided and of the resident’s response to care; seek renewal of orders as required; complete care cards, complete care plans; accurately complete billing daily and protect the confidentiality of this information.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Report equipment problems to a Therapy Manager.
- Supports and upholds PT standards.
- Participates in meetings and on committees as requested.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement (quality improvement) activities.
- Provides in-service training for staff as needed.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external Customers.
- Model positive, proactive and team oriented behavior.
- Communicate actual and potential problems to Manager in a timely manner.
- Completion of a two-year college degree in a Physical Therapist Assistant program.
- Two years experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant desired, with experience with adult and geriatric populations preferred.
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly