Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a Lead Electrician for the Power and Facilities department at the St. Ann’s Home located on our Irondequoit campus. The primary purpose of your job is to inspect, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment under the direction of the Power Plant & Maintenance Manager. Maintains, upgrades, and coordinates repairs of all electrical distribution systems, circuitry, and components for St. Ann’s Community and its associated campus.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans Available
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the National Electrical Code.
- Maintains, installs, operates, and repairs main electrical distribution systems and equipment to supply power and lighting.
- Maintains, installs, operates, and repairs electrical distribution panels, conduits, wiring , and components to ensure uninterrupted, reliable, proper, and efficient operation of said equipment.
- Troubleshoots and makes repairs on electrical equipment including:
o Distribution systems.
o Electronic Variable Speed Drives.
o Control systems and cabinets.
o Air-conditioning units, chillers, refrigeration equipment, and cooling towers as necessary.
- Maintains electrical equipment to ensure proper working order as determined through diligent preventive maintenance procedures
- Maintains, operates, and repairs emergency electrical generator systems
- Maintains, installs, operates, and repairs energy management systems.
- Coordinates the accomplishment of goals and expectations set by the Power Plant & Maintenance Manager.
- Regularly reports progress on projects and condition of electrical equipment to the Power Plant & Maintenance Manager.
- Makes preventive maintenance inspections and performs preventive maintenance tasks.
- Assists in updating preventive maintenance procedures to ensure periodic equipment maintenance requirements are met.
- Ensures that all supporting paperwork for each task performed is complete and accurate. Documentation should reflect the time spent (starting time, completion time, and actual hours), date completed, parts used, comments explaining procedure used to complete the task, and any other pertinent information.
- Ensures that work areas, storage areas, and electrical spaces are kept neat, clean, and orderly.
- Ensures that all required work space clearances for electrical equipment are clearly marked and maintained.
May be required to paint, clean, and otherwise maintain floors, equipment, and other such items as directed.
- Maintains the condition of and ensures the availability of tools, equipment, parts, and materials necessary for repairs, preventive maintenance, and to ensure the uninterrupted operation of all electrical distribution equipment.
- May be required to perform preventative maintenance on pumps, motors, fans, and other assigned equipment, including:
Oiling, greasing, and proper lubrication.
Changing or adjusting belts.
Checking, adjusting, and tightening bolts, nuts, and hardware as necessary.
- Performs all other tasks and similar operations as required by the preventative maintenance program.
- Occasionally operates rental or Grounds Department equipment required for outside electrical installations or repair projects.
- Occasionally leads renovation or refurbishment projects.
- Performs all other tasks, assignments, and duties as requested, assigned, or required by manager.
- Assist in repairs and maintenance of laundry and dietary equipment
- Minimum of 4 years as an electrician or related experience and/or training in an institutional setting
- Some computer and data entry experience preferred.
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly