Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a Manager of Therapy Services located at the St. Ann’s Home located on our Irondequoit campus. The primary purpose of your job is to provide high quality evaluation and treatment services for individuals requiring Therapy Services. Additionally, you will supervise and coordinate the activities of the Therapy Team.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- In-House position (non-agency)
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans Available
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
- Ensures financial outcomes and goals are met with a specific attention to efficiency and effective use of staff time and resources.
- When staffing challenges present provide evaluation and treatment services for Patients, Residents, Participants and Outpatients of St. Ann’s Community as ordered by qualified medical practitioners. Consistently deliver high quality service, being responsive to internal and external customer needs, within the scope of practice as defined by the American Occupational Therapy Association and the New York State Department of Education.
- Complete required documentation on time. Ensure that notes are informative and descriptive of education and care provided and of the resident’s response to care; seek renewal of orders as required; complete care plans; accurately complete billing daily, etc. Maintain the confidentiality of these records.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Care Plan Meetings and Rounds.
- Maintain equipment in good working order. Report equipment problems to appropriate teams and ensure repairs are made.
- Supervise the clinical activities of the therapy Staff in a positive and professional manner. Participate in the hiring, orientation, scheduling, assignment, performance management, development, disciplining, and appraisal of staff. Take direct action as needed. Communicate actual and potential problems to the DOR in a timely manner.
- Support completion of time cards and scheduling of staff.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external Customers. Model positive, proactive and team oriented behavior. Communicate actual and potential problems to the Assistant Administrator for Transitional Care in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and leaders to aggressively pursue opportunities that improve operational performance and resident and staff satisfaction.
- Ensure effective and efficient patient/resident scheduling.
- Ensure that clinical documentation of the Rehabilitation Team is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in leadership development and implementation of performance standards, policy and procedures as directed.
- Participate in meetings/committees and assume primary responsibility for departmental projects as directed (example- coordinate departmental education activities, assist in program development, coordinate student internships, participate in Performance Improvement/Quality Improvement activities, etc.).
- Plan, coordinate and implement in-service education as needed.
- Provide guidance and training for Therapy personnel
- Act as a Clinical Instructor for students.
- Act on behalf of the Assistant Administrator for Transitional Care related issues, upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Administrator for Transitional Care
- Reliable, dependable and punctual in use of work time.
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation in professional working relationships.
- Complies with applicable organizational policies and procedures i.e.: mandatory education, health requirement, and HR requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality through participation on improvement teams and by identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Works to improve performance relative to the system’s organizational goals.
- Consistently delivers high quality service being responsive to customer needs.
- Clinical/administrative experience with a minimum of two years of management experience.
- Performance improvement and risk management knowledge a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of NYS Health Department codes, rules and regulations.
- High level of professionalism
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Salary