Dining Services Assistant - Porter
Dining Services Assistant
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth. We reward hard working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a part time Porter for the St. Ann’s Home located on the Portland Campus. The primary focus of this position is assemble and deliver meals on plates and trays to residents at the St. Ann's Home.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Year end bonuses
- Competitive wages
- Short term disability
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Responsible for the preparation, proper handling and delivering of nourishments to nine (9) Resident floors, and the Home Connection
- Assembles and portions beverage/food items for the meal service, such as milk, juice, milk shakes, etc.
- After each meal service, delivers additional food items required by nursing for Resident to specified floors, Home Connection and any place directed by a supervisor
- During the meal service, is responsible for handling foods in a sanitary and safe manner
- Returns all beverage/food items to their proper storage area at the end of meal service labeled and dated per procedure
- Records and documents food temperatures and cooler temperatures
- Completes cleaning evaluation checklist each day, and after each meal
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Daily unloads, scrapes and racks dishware, glassware, beverage pots, and silverware from 35+ Resident tray trucks, cafeteria, dining room and special functions into dish machine
- Unloads clean dishware, glassware and silverware items into appropriate storage carts
- Stores clean dishware, etc., in all service areas
- Follows standard procedure in preparing the dish machine, soak sinks and other dish room set-up for the washing period
- Responsible for the cleaning after each meal, food trucks, dollies dish carts and other dish and tray line equipment, and tray line itself
- Must be knowledgeable in handling recyclable and non-recyclable and waste disposal, correct use of cleaning products, and correct handling procedures of dishware, glassware, to reduce excessive breakage
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months related
- Experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous customer service experience.
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience