Maintenance Mechanic – Irondequoit Campus
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a dedicated Maintenance Mechanic for St. Ann’s Home located on the Irondequoit Campus. In position is responsible for the inspection and the maintenance/repair of the plant and equipment.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Year – End Bonus
- Competitive Wages
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Opportunities
- Dental, Health & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (Employer Contributions)
- Checks for daily assignments. If no assignment is written, Mechanic enters where he/she will be working. Regularly updates assignment book at front office to reflect changes of assigned areas.
- Makes preventative maintenance inspections and performs preventative maintenance tasks. Assists in updating preventative maintenance procedures to ensure periodic equipment maintenance needs are met.
- Trouble shoots and makes repairs on most facility equipment. Involves Mechanical Leader when working on complex equipment.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs on sinks & toilets and air-lines and cleans drains as required.
- Paints, plasters, repairs walls.
- Performs repair welding using gas and/or electric tools. Must be able to perform basic brazing with soft solder, silver solder, steel rod, and stainless rod. Must have basic arc welding skills to be able to weld thin gauge material.
- Snow removal of resident vehicles and snow removal and salting of all walkways
- Works on an “on-call” schedule to meet the 24-hour repair needs of the facility.
- Regularly inspects remote storage areas for stock depletion and places orders as needed.
- Responds to all resident service requests in a timely manner and follows up with resident within 24 hours to ensure a satisfactory result
- Drives the St. Ann’s Community Van occasionally for events.
- Responds to emergency calls within The Greens and assists with providing help.
- Ensures all work orders are satisfactorily closed out and supporting data is entered, also ensuring that all parts used are removed from physical inventory.
- High School Diploma or GED with 3 years’ experience in maintenance
- Must have a clean and valid NYS Drivers License
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience