STEP 1 - POLICE EXAM REGISTRATION - February 25, 2023
***PHS and Document upload are to be completed under Step 2***
Civil Service Exam Date, Time and Location
WHO CAN TAKE THE EXAMINATION:
A United States citizen; (2) At least 21 years of age at the time the applicant presents himself / herself to TCOLE for the State licensing exam and not be forty-five (45) years of age at the time the applicant passes the written exam and the physical assessment/agility testing, or 56 years of age for lateral hire and re-hire candidates (see additional information below).
• An applicant, twenty (20) years of age, may be considered for a vacant position if the applicant meets the following criteria:
• Will turn twenty-one (21) years of age by academy graduation date; and
• Successfully completes all phases of the selection process; and
• Approval of the Chief of Police; and • Never been convicted of a felony offense; and
• Be of good moral character and reputation; and
• Education Requirement: a high school diploma; or a high school equivalency certificate; or an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after a minimum of 24 months of active duty; • Valid driver’s license issued by the state of Texas; and
• An honorable discharge (if a veteran) from the armed service of the United States;
• Proficiently reads, writes, and fluently speak the English language;
• Meets all the requirements of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement for licensing Police Officers.
BASE SALARY: $30.175 hourly, uniforms furnished – (Non-Certified Officers and TCOLE Certified Officers with LESS than one-year prior service as
a police officer)
No Law Enforcement Experience - $3,000
3+ Years Law Enforcement experience - $7,500
In-State TCOLE Certified Officer - $15,000
Applicants certified by the State of Texas as a police officer with MORE than THREE (3) YEARS of continuous service will be evaluated as outlined in the Meet & Confer Agreement between the City of Temple, TX and the Temple Police Association and placed in the appropriate pay scale.
Upon completion of the required probationary period, police officers receive pre-set step increases based on years of service with the Temple Police Department through YEAR SEVEN (7);one year below highest step per Meet & Confer Agreement.
SIGN-ON INCENTIVE: Applicants certified by the State of Texas as a police officer with MORE than THREE (3) years of continuous service are eligible for a sign-on incentive and will be evaluated as outlined in the Civil Service Local Rules and placed in the appropriate pay scale.
- Job Family Civil Service - Police
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.18
- Temple, TX, USA