Part Time Guest Services Agent
Creating "heart connections" with customers, associates and owners is the foundation for success at Meyer Jabara Hotels. Whether a seasoned hotel professional or just beginning a career in hospitality, experience, dedication to customer service and a spirit to serve from the cornerstone of a future with Meyer Jabara Hotels.
Our jobs aren’t just about giving guests a smooth check-in and check-out. Instead, we want to build and experience that is memorable and unique. Our Guest Experience Experts take the initiative to deliver a wide range of services that guide guests through their entire stay. They are empowered to move about their space and do what needs to be done. Whether processing operational needs, addressing guest requests, completing reports, or sharing the highlights of the local area, the Guest Experience Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe work place, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, protecting company assets, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Guest Experience Experts will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Guest Experience Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Responsibilities include: Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations. Secure payment; verify and adjust billing. Activate and file room keys. Process all guest requests and relay messages. Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency. Identify and explain room features to guests; supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest. Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved. Run and review daily reports/logs. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department. Count bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank. Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change. Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, completing cashier and closing reports, running night audit backup, and roll the date. Print and fold folios and ensure that they are placed under each guest room door the night before check-out.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Managers or Supervisors.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Drives hotel shuttle to pick up and drop off guests at approved locations as needed. Delivers requested items to guests as needed including incoming faxes, mail, valet laundry, etc.
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Communicates with the housekeeping department about room status and availability.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
- Compliance – Responsible for cash drawer content and transactions during the shifts. Ensures accuracy or daily deposits. Maintains accurate records including cash log, registration cards, reservation cards, wake-up call sheets, shuttle logs, property walks and all other logs as required.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Maintains confidentiality. Maintain a current room status report in case of emergency.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Is consistently at work and on time.
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Hospitality and/or customer service experience is preferred. Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service is necessary. Computer skills preferred. Must have valid drivers license, and acceptable driving history subject to company approval.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regular lift and or move up to 25lbs, occasionally lift or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Verona, NY 13478, USA