Sous Chef - Hilton Wilmington Christiana
If you are looking for a position and a company that will invest in your skills and focus on your professional development, apply for the Sous Chef role at the Hilton Christiana and join our amazing Food & Beverage team of professionals.
The Hilton Wilmington Christiana prides itself for the role played in the community and the clientele that we are pleased to serve.
We strive to make every event successful and memorable: from social functions and corporate event to our exclusive weddings and the evening restaurant, our team focuses on making each and every guest happy!
If you operate with the same goal in mind and you are ready to join a prestigious and stable company in a leadership role, then apply now!
The Sous Chef we are looking for will be held at a high standard with clear expectations to be the leader of the restaurant, the ambassador of our product and the executor of our hospitality.
As the Sous Chef, you will be partnered with the Executive Chef and serve as an integral member of our management team.
The Sous Chef plans, organizes, controls and directs the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for all food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- Assists in selection, training, evaluating, leading, motivating, coaching, and disciplining all employees in the kitchen to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Assists in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensures the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimizing waste.
- Controls labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Ensures that sanitation standards as set forth by Hilton, Meyer Jabara Hotels, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintains control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicates with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinates menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments; interacts directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction.
Are you looking for more reasons to join the team? In exchange to your great skills and work ethic, we offer excellent pay, Hilton and Meyer Jabara Hotel discounts for you and your family and the opportunity to grow and create a career within the best hotel company.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation time
- Voluntary benefits including, but not limited to Short term Disability, Life Insurance and Vision
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 100 Continental Dr, Newark, DE 19713, USA