Job Title: Night Auditor/Guest Service Agent
Reports To: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Front Office Manager
Accurately balances all hotel income and expenses for 24-hour hotel operating period. Maintains the functional areas of guest registration, telephone operations, and guest reservations overnight to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Balances all room revenue and room expenses. Balances all room and tax charges for closing of financial transactions of the day.
- Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently and provides wake-up calls to guest rooms.
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the Point-of-Sale system (ALOHA), ChoiceAdvantage PMS, and all front office operating systems.
- Follow Cambria Suites and Meyer Jabara Hotels operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures, and standards
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Attends scheduled training sessions, meetings, and completes all mandatory training as dictated by the brand, Meyer Jabara, and the hotel management.
- Works as a functional member of the team and is ready and willing to assist with any other department duties within the hotel as directed.
Education: Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Previous hospitality experience required
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge of accounting principles
Skills: Interpersonal communication skills/ Customer service orientation
Attention to detail and well organized
Good oral and written communication skills in English, bilingual a plus
Computer aptitude, especially Microsoft Excel
Mathematical skills (profit/loss concepts, percentages and variances)
Must have ability to work weekends and holidays
Ability to multi- task
Ability to stay awake during working hours overnight
Ability to lift, pull, or carry items weighing at least 50 pounds
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2231 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, USA