Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reports To: Chief Engineer
SCOPE: Manage the physical operations of the hotel to ensure the total comfort and satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Check and perform repairs to refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment, and electrical systems.
- Communicate with hotel departments to become aware of maintenance needs and ensures timely response to requests, i.e., Housekeeping Department for laundry/housekeeping equipment and room repairs, the Food & Beverage Department for kitchen and restaurant equipment, and the Front Office Department for various guest concerns.
- Execution of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain standards of product quality for all areas of the hotel as outlined in the standards manual and reports deficiencies to the Chief Engineer.
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Attends scheduled training sessions within the hotel as dictated by the brand and the hotel management.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum of one years’ experience in a building maintenance department. Hotel experience a plus.
Certification: Preferred, but not required: Journeyman’s accomplishment in one of the trades.
Skills: 1. Specialized technical crafts: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
2. Ability to problem-solve and multi-task
3. Read, write, and understand English
4. Ability to read blueprints
5. Ability to communicate effectively with the entire team using radios, computer software, and shift-reports
6. Intermediate to advanced mathematical skills including basic math, conversions, and measurement such as weight, volume, and pressure.
7. Ability to Carry and/or lift at least 50 pounds or more and push and/or pull approximately 200 pounds
The statement in this position description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2231 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, USA