Night Audit Supervisor
Night Audit Supervisor
With our smooth check-ins, we build an experience that is memorable and unique. With our check-outs, we make transactions feel like part of that same seamless experience. Night Auditors take the initiative to deliver a wide range of services that guide guests through their entire stay. The Night Audit Supervisor oversees the successful operation of this critical overnight service and accounting discipline. This self-motivated individual is empowered to move about their space and do whatever is necessary to provide an exceptional experience. Whether processing operational needs, addressing guest requests, completing reports, or sharing the highlights of the local area, the Night Audit Supervisor knows how to create and maintain the framework for the most memorable and unique guest experience. The Night Audit Supervisor has the ability to make critical decisions. He/she is essentially the third shift MOD and therefore is relied upon heavily for consistent attendance and punctuality. The Night Audit Supervisor will need to adjust to a third shift (11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.), which is contrary to a conventional lifestyle.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success: creating a safe work place, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, protecting company assets, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. The Night Auditor Supervisor will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for the Night Audit Supervisor to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
- Shift hours are 11pm to 7am, or 10:30pm to 6:30am.
- Customer service and cash handling experience is required
- Must have schedule flexibility for both AM/PM/Overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
- Requires proficiency in English (Mandarin is a plus) to include speaking, reading and writing
- Must have hotel front desk experience
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be 18-years-old or older to serve and pour alcohol in New York
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced position with guest interaction
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 50 lbs.)
- Must possess basic computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation including a clean driving record is required.
- Completion of Daily Revenue Reports nightly to break out the day’s revenue accurately for management and ownership
- Must have a sense of humor
- Must be self confident
Responsibilities and Job Functions: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and philosophy of the Hyatt Place brand. Display dignity and respect of others at all times.
- Assist guests with check-in and check-out processes (verifying registration, address and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges). Go above and beyond to provide assistance, i.e., assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake-up calls, future reservations, etc.
- Courteously and efficiently provide information for guest and visitor inquiries; coordinate all guest requests for special arrangement of services; inform guests of hotel services, features and room amenities.
- Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt Place standards.
- Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the Point-Of-Sale system.
- Is proficient (with adequate training) with basic engineering functions – e.g.: HVAC thermostat operation, fire panel functionality, Saflok operations, security system monitoring, etc.
- Follow Hyatt operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests’ expectations.
*The statements in this position description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Flushing, Queens, NY, USA