Job Description – Bartender
The Cambria Hotel Fort Lauderdale Beach is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated
individual to fill an opening on our Bartender. Our Bartender will provide outstanding
customer service to our guests during all phases of their bar stay, from the first
interaction through their departure. This is a direct customer interaction position, so the successful candidate must have appositive, helpful personality and always put the customer first.
The Bartender responsibilities will include:
- To mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to bar patrons according to standard recipes.
- Provide prompt and courteous food & beverage service to guests while maximizing sales volume.
- Must upsell food and beverage items.
- Understanding of PMS, liquor bottles, glassware, soda gun, shakers, blenders, dishwasher, coolers, recipes, and food service tools.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Basic math skills
- Must have basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and be familiar with menu items
- Must demonstrate the ability to upsell and drive revenue
- A minimum of 3 years bartending experience REQUIRED
- Must be friendly and customer oriented
- Must complete TIPS or state specific training
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Knowledge of ALOHA helpful
- Prepares beverages requested by customer or servers to maximize revenues for the hotel according to recipes
- Uses accuracy in mixing beverages requiring multiple ingredients
- Ensures customer and server requests are completed in a prompt and courteous manner based on established procedures and standards
- Maintain clean and organized work area to maximize efficiency and aesthetics
- Set up bar and back bar according to established procedures
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Notifies management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers
- Checks identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage is in question
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Must be able to identify intoxicated individuals and suspend service per TIPS and or state guidelines
- Comfortable with making empowered financial decisions
- Able to work within a team
- Leadership mentality
- Ability to create memorable moments for your guests
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Execute other duties as assigned by managers/supervisors
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred, plus 2 or more years of prior
experience required. Excellent leadership, interpersonal & communication
- Must possess strong organizational & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on feet and stand for long periods.
- Competent & trustworthy cash handling skills.
- Strong command of English language including speaking, reading &
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work days, nights, weekends
Join our team, where you’ll be a BiG Deal! We want only
the best team members, and offer some BiG perks that make us a little different
from other employers.
- Competitive Wages
- FREE Parking Onsite
- Associate Travel Discounts
- Healthcare Benefits*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- 2231 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, USA