2231 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, USA Req #953
Friday, July 29, 2022
Manage the physical operations of the hotel to ensure the total comfort and satisfaction of hotel guests.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Attends scheduled training sessions within the hotel as dictated by the Cambria brand and the hotel management.
- Check and perform major repairs to refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment, and electrical systems.
- Communicate with hotel departments to become aware of maintenance needs and ensures timely response to requests, e.g., Housekeeping Department for laundry/housekeeping equipment and room repairs, Food and Beverage Department for kitchen equipment, Guest Services Department for various guest concerns.
- Execution of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain standards of product quality for all areas of the hotel as outlined in the standards manual and reports deficiencies to the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous hotel maintenance experience a plus
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- The person in this position spends a significant amount of time utilizing problem-solving.
- Intermediate to advanced mathematical skills are used often including basic math, conversions, and measurement such as weight, volume, and pressure.
- A portion of time is spent lifting, moving, and holding when making repairs.
- Carrying and/or lifting approximately 50 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 200 pounds occurs at times (TV’s, furniture, etc.)
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2231 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, USA