Human Resource Generalist
Mt. Hood Meadows and Cooper Spur Mountain Resorts operate with the health and safety of our team and guests being crucial to our success. We are committed to following best practices and maintaining the flexibility to change as new evidence-based learning emerges. All team members are expected to stay current in aligning to our protocols, be personally accountable, and help their fellow team members. Together we strive to provide enriching recreational opportunities at Your Mountain Home.
Do you thrive in a service focused role and enjoy supporting individuals and groups in accessing resources and services as well as helping team members develop skills and tools for professional growth and development? At Mt. Hood Meadows, we subscribe to applying sound judgement with the desire to attain the best outcome and growth for our team. We support choices and actions aligned with our Core Values and provide our team guidance and resources to learn, develop, and thrive in their roles in our organization and community. We are committed to creating a consistent and enduring effort to improve Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our company and believe this is a place where feeling a sense of belonging leads to your life being enriched. Knowing you are a part of something meaningful gives reason to rise early and head for the mountain.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our dynamic and creative team in practicing what we call, “The Perpetual Stoke.” We believe by providing an awesome work environment, our Team will create enriching experiences for our guests, allowing us to reinvest back into our team and grow the resort. This is a year-round position in a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment where we welcome all to their "Mountain Home".
HR Generalist’s Scope of Work:
- Act as the initial contact and liaison when situations arise where clarity, mediation, and resolutions are required.
- Provide personnel support and guidance to the organization’s leaders on company policies, legal compliance, and best practices and make recommendations on personnel matters involving coaching, feedback, performance evaluations, and corrective actions.
- Perform intake assessments to determine recommendations and actions regarding grievances, complaints, and concerns and participate in and lead internal investigations when appropriate.
- Assist with leave and accommodation requests including communications, required notices, and tracking.
- Assist with administration of company training and development programs, policies, and handbook.
- Support the department and organization leaders on company-wide strategic initiatives; assist with planning and implementing tactical actions to achieve company goals regarding personnel, staffing solutions, compensation, workforce management, and team member experience and satisfaction.
- Assist with the planning, innovation, and implementation of team member programs, services, and functions that elevate and grow our Team and workplace culture.
Additional areas the HR Generalist may assist with include:
- Benefit Administration
- Onboarding and Orientation
- Employment Verifications
- Fulfillment of team member pass privileges
- Development of learning programs
- 18 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Intermediate level or higher with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Ability to commit to working weekends and holidays during resort operational seasons
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- PHR or SHRM certification
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- HRIS Administration
- Benefit and/or Leave Administration
- Workforce Training & Development
- Prior job experience in recreation and/or ski and snowboard resort
- Employer paid base medical plan, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee coverage with Buy-Up plan option
- Employer 25% contribution to qualified dependents for medical insurance
- 401k after 1 year
- Vacation, sick pay, and paid holidays during non-winter seasons
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ski/Snowboard Season Pass for employee and qualifying dependents
- Buddy Tickets (3 discounted tickets)
- Resort Discounts (Food, Retail, Rentals, Lessons, Daycare)
Full job description available during the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.77
- Mt Hood Meadows Dr, Oregon 97041, USA