The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the effective upkeep of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel. This person performs routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, and assist in ensuring the safety of guests and associates in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
•Communicate with guests to resolve maintenance issues
•Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication
•Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines
•Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment
•Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
•Record information for unfinished calls prior to shift change
•Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work
•Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) to always maintain preparedness to complete work tasks
•Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices
•Respond and attend to guest repair requests in a professional, positive, & timely manner
•Aid individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones)
•Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible
•Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
•Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate, and professional language
•Exchange information with other team members using electronic devices
•Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers while maintaining property color scheme specifications
•Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats
•Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting
•Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs
•Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas
•Coordinate with vendors to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning, and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies
•Additional duties as assigned by management
•Prior experience as a Maintenance Tech in hotel, hospital, or apartment environment a plus, but will train the right fit
•HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations, and general maintenance skills
•Excellent communication skills
•Ability to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 pounds regularly
•Ability to bend, squat and lift up to 75 pounds regularly
•Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period
•Manual dexterity skills to use and operate all necessary equipment
•Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
•Analytical approach to problem-solving
•An aptitude for self-motivation
•A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
•A flexible schedule that allows availability days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
- MCR is the 4th-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States.
- Founded in 2006, our company has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago, and Richmond, Virginia.
- MCR has a $4.0 billion portfolio of 144 premium-branded hotels containing more than 21,000 guestrooms across 37 states and 102 cities.
- MCR has more than 6,000 team members across the country and operates hotels under 9 Marriott brands, 8 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels.
- MCR was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
- MCR is a three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and a recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer.
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA.
- MCR and its corporate affiliates are equal opportunity employers. MCR and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com.
- Job Family Hotels
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Job Start Date Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Courtyard Dallas Grand Prairie, 2850 South State Highway 161, Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America