ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL - GENERAL MANAGER
The General Manager is responsible for the operation of the hotel including profitability, guest service, product quality, and overall cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel property. Operation of the hotel will be within the framework of approved annual budget, annual marketing plan, annual capital expenditure plan, annual wage plan, and always within the framework of all company policies and procedures.
•Function as the primary strategic leader of the hotel
•Responsible for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, and sales and revenue generation
•Analyze business results and work with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs
•Make key decisions and oversee execution, remove obstacles to success, and ensure appropriate resources are available to achieve business results
•Ensure brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary
•Drive the sales culture in the hotel through active involvement in the sales process, including encouraging the leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and setting aggressive goals that drive the property's financial performance
•Prepare an annual budget and business plan in collaboration with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals, and plan expenses
•Monitor actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
•Create an environment in which all associates can reach their full potential
•Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a General Manager in the hotel industry required
•Strong brand experience a plus
•Highly motivated, self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement
•Exceptional customer service skills required
•Strong computer skills
•Excellent communication and presentation skills required
•Must be a leader, a driver, and bottom-line oriented
•A flexible schedule that allows availability days, nights, holidays, and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
- MCR is the 4th-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States.
- Founded in 2006, our company has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago, and Richmond, Virginia.
- MCR has a $4.0 billion portfolio of 144 premium-branded hotels containing more than 21,000 guestrooms across 37 states and 102 cities.
- MCR has more than 6,000 team members across the country and operates hotels under 9 Marriott brands, 8 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels.
- MCR was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
- MCR is a three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and a recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer.
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA.
- MCR and its corporate affiliates are equal opportunity employers. MCR and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Killington Mt. Lodge, 2617 Killington Road, Killington, Vermont, United States of America