The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for assisting in managing the Housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space, and team member areas are clean and well maintained. He/she will inspect areas of responsibilities and follow up with a plan for improving results. Furthermore, this role works with the team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations, striving to continually improve guest and team member satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. The ideal candidate for this role would be highly detail oriented and meticulous with a strong ability to connect and engage with team members and guests alike. Primary
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all Housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Verifies that guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Utilizes a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
• Verifies all team members have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new Room Attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with team members and ensures team members do the same with them.
• Participates in scheduling team members to business demands and tracking team members time and attendance.
• Verifies team members understand expectations and parameters.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently; disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest housekeeping, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Observes housekeeping behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals.
• Participates in an on-going team member recognition program.
• Solicits team member feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews team member satisfaction results to identify and address problems or concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers team members to provide excellent customer housekeeping.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve housekeeping performance.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED;
• 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of team members (team members) and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and housekeeping oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by team members and guests.
• Ability to train and develop team members.
• Experience working in a labor organized environment preferred
• High energy and outgoing personality
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Excellent time management
• A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
• A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
What We Offer
· We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance to our team members
· 401(k) Retirement plan
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Incentive-based bonuses
· Throughout your career with MCR we will ensure your success by providing training and career growth opportunities
- MCR is the 4th-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States.
- Founded in 2006, our company has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago, and Richmond, Virginia.
- MCR has a $4.0 billion portfolio of 144 premium-branded hotels containing more than 21,000 guestrooms across 37 states and 102 cities.
- MCR has more than 6,000 team members across the country and operates hotels under 9 Marriott brands, 8 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels.
- MCR was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
- MCR is a three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and a recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer.
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA.
- MCR and its corporate affiliates are equal opportunity employers. MCR and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, 811 7th Avenue, New York, New York, United States of America