Magnolia Table - Baker
BAKER | JOB DESCRIPTION
At Magnolia, the Baker is responsible for executing recipes in the quantities and priorities set by restaurant management. This includes baking, icing, prepping, dishwashing, and cleaning, all while maintaining high standards of quality and sanitation. This position works from Magnolia Table in Waco, Texas. It reports to the Assistant Kitchen Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold Magnolia’s manifesto and values
- Possess a thorough working understanding of all recipes, restaurant standards, and visual standards for each product
- Work as a team player and fill orders as needed
- Carry out instructions of kitchen management
- Operate equipment safely and in line with best-use practices for each piece of equipment
- Check with management anytime quality of products is in question
- Adhere to standards of grooming, cleanliness, and sanitation
- Contribute to a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Experience: 1-3+ years of baking experience preferred
- Special training or licenses/certifications: Food Handler's license required upon hire
- General availability: Must be available to work flexible hours as assigned, including weekends, special events, and holidays as business needs require
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee operates in a fast-paced kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks, dishwashers, and tools to clean kitchen appliances. The employee is frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, and cleaning chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is intermittent sounds at a level sufficient to cause hearing loss or fatigue. The employee is subject to high temperatures and low temperatures. The employee is exposed to workplace hazards.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Waco, TX, USA