Display Production Artist
DISPLAY PRODUCTION ARTIST | JOB DESCRIPTION
At Magnolia, the Display Production Artist is responsible for producing visual displays for Magnolia Market and Magnolia Events. This position works from various locations in Waco, Texas. It reports to the Display Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold Magnolia’s manifesto and values
- Assist Display Manager in producing and prototyping displays
- Contribute creative ideas and solutions regarding merchandising and display
- Plan ahead, meet deadlines, and manage project time well
- Contribute ideas to assist with streamlining processes and studio function
- Complete high-volume fabrication of displays with direction
- Complete tasks including painting, building, assembling, and treatment of material
- Work autonomously and with little direction to solve creative problems when necessary
- Assist display team with lifting, moving, cleaning, organizing, and installing displays
- Exhibit a team player attitude; this position will often deal with mundane tasks and minutia
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Hard skills: Ability to demonstrate creative skills and familiarity with design principles required
- Soft skills: Strong verbal communication skills, fast learner, ability to take feedback and adapt quickly
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience: 1-2+ years of related work experience preferred, preferably experience working on a team; experience operating woodshop tools preferred
- General availability: Must be available to work occasional weekends as business needs require
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Job responsibilities may require the use of power tools and occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Waco, TX, USA