Lynden Logistics, a member of the Lynden Family of Companies, has roots in transportation going back more than 100 years. We are a full-service transportation and logistics provider. From complex global projects to home deliveries, and everything in between, we’ve got the right service to meet your needs. We are a “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need with a special focus on the markets of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada, and other U.S. and global locations operating out of over 10 US states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Lynden Logistics is committed to creating a work environment that motivates and challenges our employees by providing them with training, the ability to expand their knowledge in our industry, and the opportunity to grow in their responsibilities and encouraging innovation and excellent customer service in their jobs.
Lynden Logistics, Inc, is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who takes pride in finding solutions to problems that meet the expectations of your customers. Do you thrive where each day is not like the last? If so, Lynden is the place for you. This position supports all aspects of international export and import shipments including customer service via telephone and updating the daily movement of freight and documents, with moderate supervision.
Why you want to work for Lynden Logistics, Inc.
Compensation– Competitive pay with a discretionary bonus program
Healthcare – Medical, dental and vision plans
Paid Time Off – 17 days paid time off, PTO days increase with years of service
Holidays – 8 paid holidays
Retirement Plan – 401K with up to 50% of the first 6% contributed matched
Extras – Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage and Employee Assistance Program at no cost to you!
Free parking and subsidized transit program (Washington only)
Tuition Reimbursement program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support all aspects of customer service and carrier relations (negotiating rates & services and securing spot quotes with carriers to increase profits and reduce customer costs) through direct communication with customers and agents, and maintaining a professional image and insuring quality service. This includes communication and coordination with foreign agents utilizing both verbal and written communications.
- Support relationships with vendors and carriers to maintain a quality level of service.
- Able to set and meet deadlines per internal and external customer expectations.
- Knowledge of import and export routing, documentation helpful
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for Import and Export helpful
- Understanding of the Alaska trade lane, carriers that support it, routing options to and from are highly sought.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements and ensure internal processes meet or exceed these.
- Daily coordinating movement of freight, including determining routing to meet customers economic and time requirements.
- Process shipment documents, including filing of paperwork.
- Ensure invoicing of customers is accurate to quoted and contractual obligations, and approve invoices for payment and submit to the general office for payment.
- Occasional overtime depending on the workload
- Possible on-call scheduled for weekend
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum requirement is high school diploma plus 4 years of international freight experience, or 4-year college degree and 1 year international freight experience. Degree in logistics field preferred. Foreign language skills a plus
Experience providing great customer service to internal and external customers. Able to effectively communicate via phone and email.
Ability to calculate freight rates, including the effect of dimensionalized weight, and amounts such as percentages, volume, and discounts.
Good organizational skills
Must pass pre-employment drug test and undergo background screening.
Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment(STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver’s License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA’s will be submitted by Lynden Logistics upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
Lynden Logistics is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Accommodation will be provided in all stages of the hiring process. Contact us for any accommodation requests, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Job Family 1900-Office Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 18000 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188, USA
- 6441 S Airpark Pl, Anchorage, AK 99502, USA