SENIOR NETWORK ARCHITECT
Segra is building a new, highly-scalable, and modular network in the Central-Atlantic region of the United States, designed to meet the latest customer demands for bandwidth and capabilities and beyond. We’re looking for skilled and proven networking professionals, who thrive in challenging environments, to help bring this network into the future.
A successful Sr. NETWORK ARCHITECT candidate will have Carrier/Service Provider networking experience with a deep knowledge of Layer 2/3 packet networking including MPLS, Segment Routing, TI-LFA and more. This position will be directly involved in the on-going testing, monitoring and architecting of the expanding network. Candidates should have a minimum of fifteen (10) years of networking experience with five (5) years in the Carrier/Service Provider environment.
This position will help to define strategic network-architecture, solutions for network integration, service delivery, and resilient operation within the parameters of SEGRA-approved network policy guidelines.
Will design and complete testing of network equipment and software (CPE to Core) for approval in the SEGRA network. Architect must prepare detailed, standard documentation for all testing and approved designs to be archived and distributed to appropriate company stakeholders.
Responsible to assist in network monitoring tasks to assess current utilization trends or potential issues that may adversely affect the resilient operation of the packet networks. Once issues are identified, the Architect will develop a project package that includes design and costs for approval submission. Once a project is approved, Architect will work with Project Management and/or Network Operations as required to see the design to completion.
Will provide network consulting to other stakeholder organizations within SEGRA. Architect may be tasked to consult with Network Operations on a Tier III escalation for network or customer trouble tickets. In this role the Architect will offer troubleshooting and resolution advice to Network Operations. Architect may also consult on technical aspects of product development, or for complex customer network requirements.
This high-level technical position requires a self-motivated individual with the experience to fulfill the requirements of the position with minimal daily direction from management. Architect must be a team-player with the ability to build constructive relationships with vendors and other stakeholder groups to develop workable, essential solutions to meet the business goals and requirements of SEGRA management by providing scalable, resilient solutions for customers.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering or other Network technologies preferred.
- Minimum (10+) years in network design/architecture.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in carrier-based, packet network design or operations preferred.
- Proven experience to take network concepts from design, through test/documentation, and implementation.
- Experience working with network equipment manufacturers to identify and validate new equipment or operating software for use in production network.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching and routing protocols and standards including:
- Various IGP (OSPF, ISIS, etc.)
- BGP (various address families; ipv4/ipv6/vpnv4/vpnv6/LU/LS/EVPN/L2VPN and various policy)
- MPLS (LDP/RSVP-TE/MPLS-TE/BGP-LU/Segment-Routing)
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6, subnetting, etc.)
- Access Methodologies (dot1q, QnQ, G8032, L3MPLS to the edge)
- Telemetry (Y.1731, CFM, Netflow)
- Quality of Service (CoS, ToS, DSCP, MPLS EXP)
- Security protocols and design (AAA, Radius, TACACS, SSH, IPSEC)
- Understanding of carrier-class design concepts.
- Five Nines
- Resiliency (BFD, MPLS Fast ReRoute, TI-LFA, protocol optimizing)
- Peering (strategies, policy IRR)
- DDoS Mitigation knowledge (BGP Flowspec, Corero, DeepField, Arbor)
- Basic understanding of Layer 1 technologies (WDM, TDM, DSL, PON)
- Deep knowledge of switch and router configurations for major vendors such as Cisco, Nokia, Ciena.
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting in multi-vendor network environments.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Standard Microsoft business suite software experience including Visio.
- Experience with Spirent Test Center.
- Scripting in Python, NETCONF/YANG
- Linux Server administration experience.
- Network Automation experience
- Service Orchestration experience
- Certifications such as MEF, CCIE, CCNP, JNCIP, JNCIE, NRS II, NSRA
- Experience with Segment Routing
- Network Synchronization (Sync-E, IEEE 1588)
How to apply …
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please visit SEGRA.COM/CAREERS to submit your application and resume.
Who are we?
We are Segra. We are one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US. Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We are known for our future-forward infrastructure and state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions for businesses and the public sector, as well as wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers. Our network features the latest advances in, IP, Ethernet, and dark fiber architectures, as well as high performance data centers throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. In addition, our network powers technology solutions such has Hosted Voice, Security and Cloud.
We have engineered our entire company operations to put our customers at the very center of everything we do. We invest in the communities of our customers by hiring locally and continually upgrading our network infrastructure. We have over 900 employees in 90 facilities, including 14 sales offices in 44 markets. We exist purely to help businesses within our footprint be successful. Come join us as we continue to grow and provide our customers a superior customer experience.
Segra offers a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, which may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Vacation/PTO, Holidays, Personal Days, and more!
Segra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. Segra does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
SEGRA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws in employment with or treatment once employed in the company. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. Individuals with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Please inform SEGRA’s personnel if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
NOTHING IN THIS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT SHALL CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
- Pay Type Salary
- Georgia, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Virginia, USA
- West Virginia, USA