IT - Sr Data Architect
Loomis Armored Corporate Office Houston, TX, 2500 CityWest Blvd, Houston, Texas, United States of America Req #1997
Friday, December 16, 2022
This role will provide technical leadership as a senior team member within Loomis. As a Senior Data Architect, you will be responsible for driving Azure based data processes with best practices. You will ensure that projects and products deliver cost effective, sustainable data solutions that align with Loomis’ strategic direction. You will be expected to develop data models, perform code reviews, and develop other artefacts (pipelines) plus influence design decisions throughout the DataOps development lifecycle. A person that is “Hands On” with “Last Touch” experience is needed.
This is position is based in our Houston, Texas headquarters.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in the IT field and at least 3 years in a senior IT leadership role
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and articulate a vision and direction in complex organizational and (IT) technical situations
- Hands-on experience with data ingestion using ADF or Databricks
- Strong data modelling, design, warehousing, and business intelligence knowledge.
- Experience with Delta Lake ingestion patterns (delta, parquet) within Medallion stages. Can architect solutions with SCD-2/Time Travel as needed.
- Strong, current technical proficiency with applications architecture, frameworks, and enterprise solutions delivery
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop teams to meet new challenges
- Mastery of core Data Architecture skills including - Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Modelling (ERD, Dimensional), Data Warehouse Design (Kimball, Inmon), Big Data Design (Lambda, Kappa), Data Lifecycle management, Master Data Management & implementation patterns, Data Integration patterns and methods. Experience with creating E/R Diagrams and naming conventions
- Mastery of technologies involved in data management is required (database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.)
- Experience of working with Agile Delivery teams and a knowledge of DevOps constructs
- Affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, application, infrastructure, security and information risk)
- Delivery-oriented with focus on results. Must be a doer with a hands-on attitude. Enjoys seeing an automated and validated model in Production and understands the scope of effort for delivery
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan while working with a degree of uncertainty and risk
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Loomis Armored Corporate Office Houston, TX, 2500 CityWest Blvd, Houston, Texas, United States of America