Database Administrator and MIS Developer
The La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is looking to add a Database Administrator and Management Information Systems Developer to our team. You’ll work out of the IT department, but collaborate closely with individuals across the organization, most specifically in finance, purchasing, and human resources.
● Primary administrator of LJI’s database systems
● Help develop and troubleshoot integrations between LJI’s financial systems, purchasing system, and HCM
● Collaborate with LJI’s development team on application design and data management
● Work on cross-functional projects developing financial workflows and integrations
● Develop LJI’s data warehouse
Requirements: What Makes You a Great Fit For the Role
● 3-5 Years Experience working as a database administrator
● Experience working with Microsoft SQL databases
● Familiarity with Oracle DB, MySQL, Postgres
● Experience with data warehousing software, preferably Astera Centerprise
● Familiarity with REST
● Familiarity with ETL/ELT processes
Any of the Following Would Be Pretty Exciting:
● Microsoft Certified Database Administrator certification
● Experience working with financial ERP and HCM systems
● End-User support experience
● Ticketing system experience (e.g. Zendesk)
● Experience with Coldfusion
The La Jolla Institute for Immunology is one of the top immunology research institutions in the world. The work done at the Institute is impactful and important to all human health and well-being. The Institute’s culture focuses on recognition of excellence in the workplace, employee wellness and the production of our only product: research. A strong commitment to work/life balance, one of the best benefit plans in the nation and an engaged executive team are just a few reasons why LJI was rated number one in World’s “Best Places to Work” in Science as reviewed by The Scientist magazine and was selected as 2021 Best Places to Work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. There are few places in the world where you can work with talented people, in an amazing business culture and your work helps efforts to improve the quality of life and health for humanity.
LJI values diversity and individuality. Unique perspectives and novel approaches are central to scientific development and are welcome across the organization. We encourage members of the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented communities to apply.
● Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families at reasonable monthly cost
● Life and Disability insurance
● Employee Assistance Program (mental and family health counseling, etc)
● Tuition Assistance Program
● Employee Perks (Discounts on yoga, massage, movie tickets, etc)
● 403b with 10% employer contribution, eligible for contribution after one year
● Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses (FSA)
● 10 paid vacation days, 12 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays
● Remote/Hybrid Work Options
● Weekly in-house yoga, snacks/drinks, monthly happy hours, softball teams, summer and holiday events and more
● LJI is an active participant in conferences
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA