Postdoctoral Researcher - Myers Lab
The Myers Lab at the La Jolla Institute is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to elucidate the fundamental yet elusive questions in glycosylation signaling and its role in transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of cell differentiation. The Myers Lab develops and applies novel transdisciplinary approaches, centered largely around mass spectrometry-based proteomics, to understand how dynamic biochemical networks act as information processing circuits that drive cellular decision making. Some examples of research areas in the lab that need creative, interdisciplinary approaches include:
● Understanding the crosstalk and integration of multiple signaling transduction pathways and signaling chemistries that drive stem and immune cell differentiation
● “Systems biochemistry” of intracellular glycosyltransferases
● Structural and functional characterization of protein complexes, their downstream glycosylation signaling, and their role in transcriptional/epigenetic regulation
Successful candidates will join a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment. The La Jolla Institute is a world-leading non-profit research organization that hosts 20 world-renowned faculty and over 200 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 30+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Qualified Candidates should have:
● An MD, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in analytical chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry, or a related field
● Strong scientific productivity, demonstrated through high-quality research published in peer reviewed journals
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for internal and collaborative projects
● A track record of creative and independent research
● A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to explore
Strong applicants will have knowledge or skills in one or more of the following areas:
● High-end mass spectrometry-based proteomics, including sample preparation, data acquisition, quantitation, and data analysis, and interpretation
● Statistical analysis, Mathematical modeling, and/or Computational Biology
● Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
● O-GlcNAc/OGT biology
● Structural Biology (protein complex characterization, cross-linking mass spectrometry, etc.)
● Genome editing and genomic engineering
How to Apply:
Inquiries can be addressed to the Director of the Laboratory for Immunochemical Circuits, Samuel Myers (email@example.com). Pillars of the Myers Lab are creativity, diversity, and individuality, which flourish when people can bring their unique perspectives to work. Folks of the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function PHD
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,808.00
- Max Hiring Rate $78,000.00
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA