This position requires a highly organized, detail oriented, outside the box thinker, self-starter with basic mechanical aptitude and general knowledge of construction. This position requires a problem-solving mentality and must work well in both a team environment and independently. This position will take on projects that may last from one week to one year. Projects will range from administrative organizational projects requiring Excel, Word and email skills to basic minor construction management. Typical projects may include the coordination and logistics of office moves, tenant improvement projects, tracking expenditures, organizing collected operational data into usable formats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Facilities and Operations with various analyses related to budgets, planning, tracking of expenditures and Fixed Asset Inventory.
- Works with Facilities and Operations in writing, maintaining and implementing new policies and procedures.
- Works with Facilities in organizing, maintaining and inventorying of supplies and order tracking.
- Works with Facilities staff to assist with work orders that require extra coordination, vendor communication, parts and tool sourcing.
- Manages tenant improvement projects, including the project scope, coordinating, and supervising of contractors.
- Act as liaison between other LJI departments, service providers and contractors.
- Review, approve, and track all quotes, purchase orders, and invoicing as assigned.
- Work directly with Operations, EH&S, and other administrative groups to appropriately plan and schedule various projects.
- Works with Operations and Facilities on furniture purchases, space coordination, scheduling and installation.
● Performs other duties and manages special projects assigned by Facilities and Operations.
- Schedule is M-F with the ability to maintain schedule flexibility as hours may vary based on project schedule
- Associates degree or higher
- Basic level AutoCAD experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds easily
- Must possess clear written and verbal communication, proactively identify issues and analyze in order to provide solutions, ability to work independently and within a team environment, and overall fast-paced environment
With over 20 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA