Electrical Intern/Co-op Fall 2023 - Energy Solutions - CMTA
The core business of our Energy Solutions division is the delivery of Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs). Simply put, our ESPCs are a viable way to upgrade and renovate facilities in a budget-neutral or even budget-positive way. The process diverts money already being spent on utilities and directs it into facility upgrades, covering scope development, design, bidding, construction management, commissioning, measurement and verification, and even ongoing energy management services. We have experience in designing the nation’s most energy efficient buildings, including many zero energy buildings. Our knowledge is unparalleled in the Guaranteed ESPC market, which allows us to dive deeper than our competitors.
CMTA Energy Solutions has a robust co-op program for college students pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering. We offer an immersive experience in the world of Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance Contracting for two or more semesters. Our co-ops build industry competitive skills in a hands-on environment through collaborative project tasks with full-time engineers while under the direct supervision of Professional Engineers. Our program is designed to develop students into full-time caliber employees that contribute to the company’s growth. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work well both as a team member and independently. Our program stands apart from the typical, rehearsed co-op rotation in which every co-op gains the same experience because it is designed for co-ops to stand out and take on challenging projects. Co-ops will be involved with multiple Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance Contracts and will have a role in every stage of their development. Each stage offers a variety of valuable experiences, from initial development through implementation. Whether co-ops are interested in building their skill set in identifying and calculating energy savings measures, developing renovation documents, or hands-on field experience, CMTA Energy Solutions is bound to overcome expectations.
Electrical Co-ops can expect to get hands on experience with photovoltaic systems and LED lighting designs. By the end of the program co-ops will have gained the experience to be able to deliver a full photovoltaic design from scratch and an LED full building retrofit design. Our electrical co-op is broken up into multiple rotation where a candidate will directly support either our solar or our lighting project managers.
Job Functions: (may include but are not limited to)
- Assist in all aspects of the project development phase – including site visits, building audits, energy calculations in relation to PV arrays or LED lighting designs
- Generate energy models and perform calculations to evaluate feasibility of energy savings measures such as PV arrays or LED lighting upgrades
- Produce detailed construction documents using CAD for new PV arrays and retrofit lighting plans
- Field verify proper installation and implementation of PV array and LED designs.
- Pursuing a BSEE, preferably a sophomore (2nd year), or junior (3rd year),
- CAD experience is helpful, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member and
- Ability to travel for field work.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
EEO is the Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Louisville, KY, USA