Electrical Project Manager Intern - Gilbert Mechanical
Edina, MN, USA Req #453
Sunday, September 11, 2022
Gilbert Mechanical, a Legence company
For more than 40 years, it has been Gilbert's mission to provide outstanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, and fire protection services in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Today, Gilbert employs more than 200 people in the Twin Cities market, and its clients represent a diverse range of technical market sectors, with specialization in the healthcare industry. Our fun, open and innovative culture is supported by forward thinking industry leaders who are united in collaboration and the pursuit of breakthrough ideas. Gilbert’s philosophy includes mutual respect for all individuals, application of innovation and a rigorous serve-the-customer mentality. We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Gilbert Mechanical is seeking a project manager candidate with experience designing complex electrical systems for a variety of customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for job estimating, job design, project management, and customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills are a necessity to work effectively with other team members as well as owners and architects. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing and vacation time. Salary to be determined based on education and experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Estimate and sell electrical work for commercial construction projects
- Design-build per NEC and all electrical standards
- Direct and supervise activities of each project
- Ensure that all jobs are completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Manage, plan, and coordinate projects to optimize the use of labor, materials, equipment and
- Secure subcontractors using standard subcontract agreements
- Survey job sites as needed
- Employ latest electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices
- Respond to customer service calls
- Follow all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Qualifications: Education: Two (2) year technical degree or similar experience in the electrical
construction field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. CAD skills a plus.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Results oriented, competitive, customer service oriented mind set
- Good knowledge of electrical construction industry
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as a team with a positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Effective communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Project, and electronic estimating software
- Proficient with Accubid estimating program
- Valid driver’s license required.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Edina, MN, USA