Superintendent - ICS
This position will be responsible for providing on-site coordination for all phases of
construction projects including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that
specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The
Site Superintendent will oversee project completion to ensure client expectations are met. This position
will work to build a successful internal team and lasting relationships with owners, subcontractors, and
clients. The Site Superintendent will coordinate site activities and serve as a problem solver to ensure
projects are completed to a high standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively coordinate and facilitate onsite construction activities.
- Successfully distribute workload and manage an effective team.
- Accurately create RFIs and submittal reviews through Procore.
- Efficiently report and solve construction and site problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure specifications and policies are followed to guarantee a safe work environment and project codes are met.
- Successfully create and follow a project budget.
- Effectively coordinate with other disciplines as needed.
- Professionally provide proactive communication between internal team, architectural engineers, subcontractors, owners, and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Problems and solutions are unique and unpredictable but are similar to those previously encountered.
Solutions require judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results and/or coordinating with others.
Supervision is present to review broad objectives relative to basic position duties and day-to-day
department duties. Basic work and decisions do not require direction or review by immediate
supervisor. Strategic issues are referred to supervisor.
Independent judgment is required to analyze problems and perform needs assessments. Uses judgment
in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is
used. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to
policies and procedures to the supervisor. Recommendations to create efficiencies within work
procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged.
Decisions impact department, outside departments, organization, and areas outside of organization.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some connectedness across processes. Work requires the direct
application of a variety of procedures, policies, and processes.
This position will not directly supervise.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial construction.
- Degree in related field preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to stay organized and punctual.
- Experience and common knowledge of overall construction processes.
- Proven ability to be personable and work well on a team.
- Proficiency in Procore and Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
This position will require regular climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, feeling/touching, and vision will be required.
Unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Media, PA 19063, USA
- Media, PA 19063, USA