Human Resources Administrator - Gilbert Mechanical
Edina, MN, USA Req #629
Monday, November 14, 2022
Gilbert Mechanical, a Legence company
For more than 40 years, it has been Gilbert's mission to provide outstanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, and fire protection services in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Today, Gilbert employs more than 200 people in the Twin Cities market, and its clients represent a diverse range of technical market sectors, with specialization in the healthcare industry. Our fun, open and innovative culture is supported by forward thinking industry leaders who are united in collaboration and the pursuit of breakthrough ideas. Gilbert’s philosophy includes mutual respect for all individuals, application of innovation and a rigorous serve-the-customer mentality. We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Are you an accounting professional looking to make a difference? We are a passionate team of professionals seeking the right Payroll Administrator to support and enhance our accounting team!
This is a full-charge payroll administration position for a multi-divisional mechanical contractor with several union trades as well as non-union weekly payrolls, and administration of all union fringes, payroll taxes, and employee benefits. This is a full-time position
- Weekly Field Payroll Processing: Assist as back-up
- Weekly Administrative Payroll Processing: Assist and back-up
- Payroll tax payments, garnishments, 401k contribution wire
- Update all applicable Excel payroll and GL spreadsheets
- Track PTO taken
- Monthly: union fringe reporting and payments to all unions (Pipe Trades)
- Month end payroll reporting, software closeouts, payroll and benefit related GL entries
- Annual payroll tax reporting, W2 preparation, ACA Reporting
- Administration of all non-union benefits.
- Assist with HR, EEO and safety reporting.
- Maintain new employee payroll packets and participate in new employee orientation.
- Drug testing
- I-9 & MN E-Verify
- MN Wage Theft Reporting
- Telephone backup on rotating schedule.
- Supply information and participate in union fringe and insurance audits.
- Experience with Payroll, Union Reporting, Sage 300 software, and Job Costing
- Proficient with Excel
- Extremely dependable and accountable
- Good work ethic and willing to do what it takes to meet deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure and time deadlines
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize well
- Self-motivated and able to work well with little supervision
- Able to work well with and get results from all levels/types of people
Unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Edina, MN, USA