Electrical Technician - CMTA Midwest
This position will be responsible for assisting engineers to design and develop electrical distribution systems, communications systems, electronic safety and security systems, lighting layout and control, and other electrical equipment. The Electrical Technician will collaborate with the electrical engineers to help produce facility designs. They will conduct research and observations to improve systems. This position will analyze and review complicated electrical drawings to find complications, develop solutions, and communicate problem solving to the electrical team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively assist with the creation of construction documents and develop plans for electrical design of the facility.
- Actively participate in electrical team and construction meetings.
- Professionally address design problems and find effective solutions.
- Occasionally required presence on-site during construction to collaborate a solution to construction difficulties.
- Effectively collaborate with engineers to gain a general design concept.
- Successfully communicate with clients, engineers, and architects to discover and implement expectations.
- Accurately complete energy code compliance checks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Problems generally involve the selection of choices from standard procedures, organizing work, and checking results. Answers are usually found from selection of documented choices determined by policies and/or procedures.
Performs tasks under frequent supervision; work is subject to detailed checks at regular intervals.
Work may occasionally involve unique assignments; however, tasks will normally be described by standard work procedures and/or an immediate supervisor. Performs tasks according to standards, instructions, or readily understood procedures that require little interpretation. Work is subject to detailed checks at regular intervals. May occasionally make recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Recommendations to create efficiencies within work procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged. No/minimal decision-making impact
Tasks are various and focus more on single processes. Work is sometimes standardized and sometimes varied.
This position will not supervise
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Associates degree in drafting or related filed preferred
- Proven ability to work on a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to follow close instructions and focus on detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as projects schedules and deadlines require.
This position will require regular sitting, standing, talking, hearing, and vision. Occasionally, walking, climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs will be required.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fargo, ND, USA