Mechanical Engineer Intern/Co-Op - CMTA Design - Summer 2023 - CMTA
***This position will start May 2023 and go through Summer 2023. Our hope is that the co-op students that are hired will do multiple co-op rotations with CMTA.***
CMTA has a robust co-op program for college students pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Architectural Engineering. We offer an opportunity for students to immerse themselves for two or more semesters in the consulting engineering world. Our co-ops build industry competitive skills in a hands-on environment, all while working on a team, and being trained by Professional Engineers in AutoCAD and Revit. The skills our co-ops learn allow them to create real construction drawings for real CMTA projects.
This position provides a unique opportunity for hands-on training in mechanical design. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with a team, and independently. Our engineers will teach the student co-op how we design and implement energy efficient measures in our buildings. This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex MEP projects, and become an important part of our design team.
Job Functions: (may include but are not limited to)
- Produce detailed layout and equipment details of HVAC systems,
- Produce one-line diagrams/schematics,
- Assist the design team in the process of assembling organized sets of drawings,
- May assist in the data collection and/or field verification, and
- Work in conjunction with designers and engineers to help develop all aspects of a project.
- Pursuing a BSME, preferably a sophomore (2nd year), or junior (3rd year),
- Strong interest in Building Systems Mechanical Engineering,
- CAD experience, preferably AutoCAD,
- Revit experience preferred,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and
- Ability to travel locally for field work.
No sponsorship available for this position.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Paducah, KY, USA