Revenue Accountant - CMTA
CMTA, a Legence company, is seeking an individual to join our accounting team and participate in a fast paced, engaging, and innovative environment! The ideal candidate will be able to deliver impressive results committed to winning together while focused on continuous improvement. This position will report directly to the CFO and will play a valued role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our revenue systems and processes. This individual will assist maintaining our accounting system through analysis of customer contracts and the creation of invoices, credits, revenue arrangements, journal entries and other supporting tasks. Collaborating with a team of hardworking engineers, this position will assist in entering and maintaining accounting documentation related to revenue recognition!
- Prepare revenue month-end close reports based on analysis of billing and costs associated with the projects.
- Prepare revenue journal entries and propose costs in excess of billings calculations.
- Work closely with the Controller and CFO to determine best practices related to capture of information for use in revenue recognition calculations.
- Analyze fair value of engineering contracts in accordance with ASC 606.
- Review revenue contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Update percentage of completion on project records in our accounting system and outside analysis.
- Collaborate with engineering services team and the CFO to ensure accuracy of percentage completion information.
- Assist in process improvement and automation of projects.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests: create saved searches and reports in our accounting system as needed.
- Prepare support packages and reports for annual audit.
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting
- 3-4 years of revenue accounting experience with a background in a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills is very important.
- Ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with both executives and site project managers.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to ASC 606 accounting standards
- Customer service oriented with Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven mindset and passion for analytics and research
- Ability to learn and utilize ERP systems and in-house developed systems.
- Experience with Deltek is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and Power Pivot skills needed for various analyses
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Strong team player, capable of dealing with complex issues
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Louisville, KY, USA