Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer - CMTA
CMTA, a Legence company, is seeking a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer in our Houston office with at least 5 years of experience in plumbing design and fire protection design. This person will work closely with our Fire Protection and Plumbing Engineers on energy efficient projects for various clients. Our ideal candidate should be a self-motivated individual with a technical background who thrives on resolving challenges, assisting clients, and leading all phases of the project.
This position entails providing workable solutions designing plumbing and fire protection systems for buildings from the design phase through the construction administration phase as needed.
- Plumbing design of piping and equipment selection for plumbing, pressurized gasses and fire protection systems for building design.
- Produce detailed layout and equipment details of fire protection/sprinkler systems including fire pumps, mains, standpipes, flow controls and sprinkler head layout.
- Produce Life Safety, Fire Alarm, and Fire suppression plans along with the required calculations, specifications, and project narratives for federal projects
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, and schematics.
- Generating electronic response to questions and reviews.
- Attending meetings with owners, clients, and architects.
- Providing guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects.
- Reviewing contractor submittals and shop drawings to determine conformance with contract documents and applicable Codes.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and calculations to perform equipment research, piping layout, and pipe sizing.
- Conferring with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures; resolve system deficiencies, and provide technical information.
- Researching and analyzing client design proposal specifications, manuals, and other criteria to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of the design or application.
- Specifying system components or directing modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance.
- Developing client relations through feedback to design engineers on customer concerns and needs.
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of building life safety, fire, mechanical and plumbing codes including ICC Standards, NFPA Codes and Standards, FM Global, and Federal Standards (UFC, GSA, VA),
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD and REVIT
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to travel across the country for field work at client sites.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Performance-based design requirements for life safety and fire protection systems.
- Ability to plan and direct contractor activities during system testing and start-up of life safety and fire protection systems.
Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Certificate in Engineering Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training (EIT) in preferred
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Houston, TX, USA