Pueblo Save A Lot Associate
Leevers Supermarkets is a certified partner of DailyPay! DailyPay is a technology solution that allows our employees to control when they get paid!
Reports To: Store Manager
The Associate reports directly to the store manager and indirectly to the assistant store managers. This position is responsible for duties such as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, cleaning and monitoring perishables. The Associate provides excellent customer service and assists in maintaining excellent daily store conditions. This position accomplishes all job duties in accordance with Leevers Supermarkets policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Maintain schedule adherence and timeliness
• Operate a cash register efficiently and perform checkout procedures at or above expected performance standards including, but not limited to, minimum transaction time per item rate and accurate handling/counting of cash, EBT, debit cards, credit cards, WIC Vouchers, Gift Cards and coupons. Follow all check-out and cash handling procedures and policies.
• Consistently meet or exceed the company standards involving the handling, stocking, and the maintaining of grocery, frozen, dairy, smoked meat, and all perishable products.
• Assist with unloading delivery trucks. Stock product on platforms, shelving, peg hooks and in baskets or refrigerated cases as needed. Handle power and non-powered equipment and hand tools to move stock as needed after properly trained.
• Retrieve carts from the parking lot.
• Maintain excellent store conditions.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment. Complete cleaning duties as assigned, including floors, windows, display cases, shelves, register area, backroom, restrooms, parking lot, and other fixtures.
• Provide excellent customer service, which includes but not limited to, communicating in a friendly/courteous manner.
• Assist store management in training other store employees.
• Maintain proper rotation for dated and undated products.
• Ensure products have price tags/signs and are displayed per company guidelines.
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
• Properly display, trim, package, and fill authorized fresh produce.
• Assist Fresh Meat personnel as needed. Duties may include but are not limited to wrapping packages, using scales to weigh & tag products and stocking meat packages as needed.
• Performs other duties, including working in other areas of the store, as assigned.
Number of Associates Supervised: Directly 0 Indirectly 0
This is a non-management position. This position does not have the authority to make decisions concerning hiring, firing, demotions, promotions, or otherwise take tangible employment actions
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be at least 16 (15 with parent letter and school authorization letter)
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills.
• Language proficiency in Spanish or other languages are a plus in certain locations.
• Proficiency in basic math skills required, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, and basic computer skills.
• Must be dependable and flexible to work scheduled shifts, including a willingness to work in other areas of the store as needed with little or no advance notice.
• Must adhere to safety standards.
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership –Must be able to understand quickly, figure things out and resolve issues
Results Leadership –Must have a good attitude about working, ability to accomplish goals and be able to work using the best methods as shown by the store managers and satisfy customers without fail.
People Leadership – Must respect and work well with manager, co-workers, and customers. Share information and be willing to teach others.
Personal Leadership – Must follow all rules, policies and possess the desire to learn new things every day.
• Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing 20-50 pounds repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight could be 50-80 pounds.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp, twist and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
• Regularly works in freezers, coolers, refrigerators, inside and outside of the store in all weather conditions and inside delivery trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location. COLORADO
Leevers Supermarkets Inc. is an equal opportunity at
will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Save A Lot Pueblo, 1110 Bonforte Blvd., Pueblo, Colorado, United States of America