IT Local Support Technician
Lee Enterprises has an immediate opening for an IT Local Support Technician to support end-users in and around the Omaha area. We are looking for a talented technician to join our team to provide local desktop support with exceptional customer service. This self-starter position handles monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving incoming technical requests received through our ticketing system.
- Resolves issues, prioritizing based on business impact and escalating when needed to senior staff and / or third party resources to ensure timely resolution.
- Assists with ongoing projects and other required tasks while evaluating problems and identifying solutions and prioritizing to meet business needs.
- Communicates clearly and provides timely updates to upper management on the status of critical issues, such as system outages, and projects.
- Assists with completion of daily critical system checks and maintenance as defined by corporate IT.
- Oversees end user compliance with company policies and security standards.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware where needed.
- Acts as a backup resource for other IT staff as needed, while ensuring customer needs and project efforts are fulfilled.
- Must be able to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Overtime may be required to meet schedules as well as being available on call to work weekends and/or holidays.
- Travels to company properties throughout the Omaha area to complete work functions as needed.
- Primary place of residence must be within the Omaha, NE area of the United States
- Must possess a valid driver license with no violations within the past 2 years.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10 days per month.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 2-5 years of related technical experience. A+ or ITIL certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, including desktop and laptop computers.
- Hardware and basic networking support experience.
- Active Directory management and maintenance experience, including working with computer and user objects, server, printers, and application permissions, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience supporting VPN clients, remote control tools including TeamViewer or RDP.
- Critical thinking skills to quickly identify problems evaluate solutions and provide troubleshooting procedures and recommendations with ability to execute troubleshooting procedures.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha, NE, USA