Distribution Warehouse Worker
The Ellisville, MO Warehouse worker distributes newspapers and materials to independent contractors. The Warehouse worker reports to the Home Delivery Manager. Safely drive to and from locations, hold a valid driving license, and maintain a safe driving record. On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends where needed. Also, must be willing to help other Warehouses in the St. Louis area when needed.
Bi-Weekly pay will be $22.50 per hour(30hrs/wk) and when needed, regular pay up to 40hrs/wk and paid overtime over 40hrs/wk.
- Ensure quality control of newspaper bundles being distributed to contractors.
- Maintain cleanliness of Warehouse.
- Communicate with District Manager and Assistant District Manager in the event of a route not picked up by contractor.
- Deliver newspapers when needed as required.
- Must fully comply with all company policies and procedures and at all times when representing the company, operate in a thorough professional manner including communication, attendance, punctuality and dress.
This part time position (30hrs/wk) performs the daily tasks of distribution center operations as assigned by management. Assists in opening and closing the warehouse, stacking newspapers to designated areas, maintaining safety and cleanliness of warehouse, delivery of open routes and replacement copies when needed.
· Ability to start shift between 12am-1am and end shift around 6-7am
· Ability to unload and stack bundles of newspapers (approx. 30 lbs)
· Ability to move around the warehouse, both inside and outside
· Ability to follow company safety guidelines and policies
· Ability to work weekends and holidays and possible 7day weeks when needed.
Knowledge and comfortability with the computer
· No previous experience required; training available
· Reliable vehicle and proof of auto insurance
· Valid driver's license and good driving record
· Mileage reimbursement when using vehicle for work purposes
· PTO(Paid time off), Sick and Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
· Life insurance and 401K plan
Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Circulation
- Pay Type Hourly
- STL News Distribution Services, 5405 Jedmed Ct, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America