Part-Time News Reporter
Part-Time News Reporter
The Daily Journal in Park Hills, MO has an opening for a Part-Time News Reporter.
- Will produce stories for the newspaper group’s various publications including the Democrat News, Farmington Press, Daily Journal and related websites
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be able to take photos and video clips using a digital camera to further tell a story
- Ability to develop working relationships and maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Must have the ability to write in a clear, interesting and accurate way
- Must be able to develop reliable contacts for information and have a good sense of what readers want to know
- This job requires some evening and occasional weekend hours
Education & Experience
- Must have proven writing experience or recent college graduate
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. Options also include health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and transit/parking accounts. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. Full-time and part-time non-union employees working 20 or more standard hours per week are eligible for 7 recognized company paid holidays each year. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. Paid parental leave for new parents is also available.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family News
- Pay Type Hourly
- Park Hills, MO, USA