Senior Internal Auditor
Lee Enterprises, a leading media company in the US, seeks a skilled accounting and finance professional to join our corporate finance department in Davenport, Iowa, as a Senior Internal Auditor. The prospective candidate will be part of a team of four, which includes the Senior Director of Internal Audit and an Audit Manager. The audit position is considered a career position within Lee, for prospective candidates to move out of audit into accounting or finance roles within the company, if desired.
We are seeking candidates who would like to work a hybrid or remote schedule with the capability of coming in to the Davenport office periodically.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Internal Audit, key tasks for this position include:
- Performing financial statement audits, including testing accounting reconciliations and transactions.
- Ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures and accounting policies by examining accounting records and reports, reviewing operational processes, and performing inquiries of management.
- Documenting audit results within audit work papers and audit questionnaires.
- Communicating audit findings by preparing a final internal audit report and discussing audit findings with key members of management.
- Preparing special audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintaining internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires and recommending changes to accounting policies and procedures.
This position requires the following skills and qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two year internal audit and/or accounting experience (public accounting experience a plus).
- Knowledge of ASC – 606 Revenue Recognition Guidance.
- Good analytical abilities, Pays attention to details, Great written/verbal communication and relationship building skills.
- Great organization skills, Ability to multi-task, and Work in a fast-paced environment.
- CPA certification a plus, but not required.
- IT audit experience a plus, but not required.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
Lee offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should apply online at www.lee.net/careers. EOE. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. Lee is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and over 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 77 markets in 26 states. Year to date, Lee's newspapers have average daily circulation of 1.2 million, and our legacy websites, including acquisitions, reach more than 43 million digital unique visitors. Lee's markets include St. Louis, MO; Buffalo, NY; Omaha, NE; Richmond, VA; Lincoln, NE; Madison, WI; Davenport, IA; and Tucson, AZ. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Davenport, IA, USA