Madison Media Partners has an opportunity for a full-time Press Supervisor. We are looking for an experienced Goss Metro or Community Pressman to lead a dedicated group of night shift press operators. The press department prints the Wisconsin State Journal, Capital Times, and a variety of special sections and web commercial print work. This position also works closely with editorial, prepress, packaging, advertising, and circulation departments to configure layout, confirm quantity, make changes and confirm downstream support. This position is responsible for scheduling, daily maintenance, cleaning and safety inspection of the pressroom and press-related equipment. Coaching and mentoring new employees in the operation of our press will be key to continued success.
This position primarily works nights, which may include weekends and holidays. The flexibility to work other shifts, including afternoon production meetings, is required.
- Previous press experience with a background in newspaper production and a strong understanding of the offset printing process and web press operations.
- Should have prior experience on large web presses (Goss, KBA, ManRoland, etc.) and able to adapt that understanding to our Goss Metro Press operation.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills
- Demonstration of professional conduct
- Demonstration of cooperative behavior with co-workers
- Capable of setting priorities and attention to detail
- Can communicate orally both in person and on the phone
- Can interact and remain focused while dealing with multiple objectives
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, and multiplication)
- Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
This is a full-time, exempt role. Apply online at www.madison.com/workhere. Use location code: Madison
Madison Media Partners offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurances
- 401k with company match
- PTO and sick time
- Free print subscription to the Wisconsin State Journal and free digital subscription to Madison.com
Madison Media Partners is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background and drug screenings apply
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Madison, WI, USA