Local IT Support Technician - Intermountain West Region
Lee Enterprises has an immediate opening for an IT Local Support Technician to support end-users throughout the inter-mountain west region. We are looking for a talented technician to join our team to provide local desktop support with exceptional customer service. This self-starter position handles monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving incoming technical requests received through our ticketing system.
- Resolves issues, prioritizing based on business impact and escalating when needed to senior staff and / or third party resources to ensure timely resolution.
- Assists with ongoing projects and other required task while evaluating problems and identifying solutions and prioritizing to meet business needs.
- Communicates clearly and provides timely updates to upper management on the status of critical issues, such as system outages, and projects.
- Assists with completion of daily critical system checks and maintenance as defined by corporate IT.
- Oversees end user compliance with company policies and security standards.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware where needed.
- Acts as a backup resource for other IT staff as needed, while ensuring customer needs and project efforts are fulfilled.
- Must be able to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Overtime may be required to meet schedules as well as being available on call to work weekends and/or holidays.
- Travels to company properties throughout the inter-mountain west region to complete work functions as needed.
- Primary place of residence must be in the inter-mountain west region of the United States
- Must possess a valid driver license with no violations within the past 2 years.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10 days per month.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 2-5 years of related technical experience. A+ or ITIL certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, including desktop and laptop computers.
- Hardware and basic networking support experience.
- Active Directory management and maintenance experience, including working with computer and user objects, server, printers, and application permissions, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience supporting VPN clients, remote control tools including Team Viewer or RDP.
- Critical thinking skills to quickly identify problems evaluate solutions and provide troubleshooting procedures and recommendations with ability to execute troubleshooting procedures.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with
company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Billings Gazette, 401 N Broadway, Billings, Montana, United States of America
- Billings, MT, USA
- Butte, MT, USA
- Lee Enterprises,Incorporated, 25 W GRANITE ST, Butte, Montana, United States of America
- Lee Enterprises,Incorporated, 401 N BROADWAY, Billings, Montana, United States of America
- Missoula, MT, USA