Accounts Payable Clerk
Lee Enterprises is seeking a candidate for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk within its centralized Accounts Payable team. This position is a hybrid schedule after training is completed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Compile invoices and supporting documentation for processing
- Review invoices for sales and use tax
- Key invoices and expense account coding into the A/P system
- Electronically route invoices to appropriate department heads for approval
- Research payment inquiries as requested
- Provide high quality service to internal and external customers
- Assist team members with questions and provide individual training as needed
- Contribute ideas to improve process efficiencies
- Provide coverage of workload for other team members
Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with high quality work
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong work ethic and team focus
- Ability to multitask and work in a face pace work environment
- Microsoft Office to include excel experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Accounting or an office environment; High School diploma is required.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mechanicsville, VA, USA
- Richmond, VA, USA