The Arizona Daily Sun, in Flagstaff, Arizona, a Lee Enterprises company, is seeking a high energy person to join our team. The Circulation Manager position requires a strong background in departmental operations as well as a background in application of circulation software. The position is responsible for the management and oversight of all areas within the circulation department including planning, budgeting and personnel within home delivery, single copy, and distribution warehouse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for successfully leading and managing the circulation department team of district managers, redelivery drivers, warehouse and support staff to reach goals.
- Under direction of the Regional Audience Manager, implements strategies to target new customers and take advantage of sales and revenue opportunities to increase circulation of daily and community newspapers.
- Under direction of the Regional Audience Manager, lead in implementing successful marketing plans that support audience growth for paid circulation.
- Under direction of the Regional Audience Manager, implement the strategic direction of the department to meet revenue and expense goals.
- Coordinates and adjusts schedules as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May deliver down routes in some situations.
- Answers customer complaints, when necessary.
District Managers, Redelivery Drivers, Warehouse and office support personnel
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong background in departmental operations and management
- Good communicator with excellent people skills
- Knowledge of circulation software
- Knowledge of budget preparation and execution
- Strategic planning of goals and objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer college degree preferably in business, marketing, journalism or publishing, and 5 years of management experience in a newspaper or similar environment; or combination of education and experience.
Must pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report and drug screen. Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA