Sioux City Journal, 515 Pavonia Street, Sioux City, Iowa, United States of America Req #16244
Thursday, August 4, 2022
The news business never stops! The Sioux City Journal, a Lee Enterprises, Inc. publication is seeking an energetic Sports Editor to support company objectives by being part of a two-person sports department for our award-winning newspaper and website.
This position requires night and weekend availability. A journalism, communications or English degree is required, and previous newspaper experience is preferred. Candidates also should have interest in and familiarity with high school sports.
Are you Ready?
This position reports to the editor and position will have a mix of editing, administrative and writing duties including:
- Running the night sports desk, including editing staff, freelance and wire copy to AP and local style while working with our regional design team to meet print deadlines.
- Assigning photos and videos and updating social media feeds.
- Writing stories, features and columns with a focus on high school and college teams in Northwest Iowa, Northeast Nebraska and Southeast South Dakota.
- A willingness to be digitally savvy. Every game covered should have at least one video component to it, whether it be a highlight or an interview with an athlete.
- A willingness to be on live video streams and podcasts. Knowledge of audio and video editing is helpful.
- Required to do at least 2-3 desk shifts per week, either with print or E-Edition.
- A commitment to at least two-plus years.
- Being organized and coming with 100% energy on a daily basis is key to success
What’s in it for you?
Besides working with at an amazing newspaper, the Sioux City Journal offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off and paid holidays. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check. Learn more or apply online using the link below.
If you have the talent, we are looking for, apply at https://lee.net/careers/ and search for Sioux City, IA.
Lee Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates must pass a post offer 4 panel drug screen, driving record check, background check and post offer physical screen.
- Job Family News
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Sioux City Journal, 515 Pavonia Street, Sioux City, Iowa, United States of America