Photographer/Videographer - News - Local News
The News & Advance is seeking a visual journalist equally adept and productive on print and digital platforms.
This talented photojournalist will be able to consistently create effective, visually compelling photographs and video from a variety of situations. He or she must be able to provide accurate caption and other written information for photos and videos. The ability to write the occasional news story is a plus.
Lynchburg is in a scenic, first-rate news region that includes the Liberty University and is in a region with a stable economy and a high quality of life. Lakes, streams and hiking galore await those who enjoy the outdoors, and nearby wide open spaces reflect a Charlottesville flair as well.
Essential functions include:
- Produce photographs and video that meet the The News & Advance quality standards, including technical quality, color correction, visual interest, news value, story-telling content and journalistic integrity.
- Provide multiple compelling images for each assignment. Provide enough images for galleries for most assignments.
- Provide complete and accurate photo captions
- Be responsible for the planning and timely submission of all assignments; meet deadlines.
- Be able to edit and transmit quickly from remote locations. Use smartphones and other tools when necessary to report on breaking news
- Generate story ideas and daily enterprise.
- Monitor email, news sources and social media to keep abreast of news.
- Understand and use social media effectively, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Treat all company equipment responsibly.
- Communicate effectively with editors and other colleagues.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer. You can see our Web site and learn more about our company at www.lee.net .
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio with multimedia examples. Digital portfolios are accepted.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family News
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Lynchburg, VA, USA