Inserter Part-time / Production Packaging
The News & Advance, a Lee Enterprises publication is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, dependable person to work part time as an Inserter in our Lynchburg printing plant. Duties include operating inserting machine, feeding pre-prints into insert machine hoppers, verifying counts of papers, labeling and topping of bundles, bundling and shipping of papers and pre-prints. Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years old, have an excellent attendance record and work history.
Basic math skills and the ability to read and write a must. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule as mandatory overtime may be required, as well as a mandatory weekend shift. Candidate must be reliable and be able to lift bundles weighing approximately 30 pounds. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. EOE M/F/V/D
- Work evenings, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required approximately 24-32 hours per week, depending on your availability.
- Shifts vary in hours, days of week, start and finish times.
- Stacking newspaper bundles/inserts onto pallets.
- Wrapping, strapping and moving pallets with a pallet jack.
- Responsible for learning safety procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is a necessary element for this job.
- Overtime is required on some shifts.
- Responsible for accuracy, thoroughness & reliability.
- Need to be able to handle multiple tasks and to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis and work within deadlines.
- Dependable with excellent attendance, including nights, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to work well independently.
- Able to be flexible and follow simple directions.
Job Type: Full – Time / Part-time
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- The News & Advance, 101 Wyndale Dr, Lynchburg, Virginia, United States of America