Career Coach / Advisor
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability. A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s Workforce Services programs help all job seekers re-enter the job market. Job seekers secure employment, create a plan for more stable employment, and move up in the workplace. Workforce Services provides one-on-one support, expertise, and guidance they require to take the next step. This often includes resume assistance, interview workshops, professional clothing assistance, and even direct connections to the employer. These services are delivered at program sites across the Valley. By offering support in domestic violence shelters, homeless shelters, and other locations, A New Leaf ensures that all the resources someone could need are available.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Schedule: Monday – Thursday (9 hours), Friday – half day (8am-12pm)
- Conduct financial wellness assessments to identify plan for economic stability.
- Interview individuals to determine service options and barriers to obtaining employment.
- Provide on-going coaching to participants on workshops, training, education, and employment activities.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships, ensuring information is documented in any required databases.
- Assist participants with developing resumes, cover letters, and completing applications, including, technology driven job search tools and platforms.
- Conduct employment readiness assessments to determine interests, education, and experience to assist with the creation of an individual employment plan.
- Provide case management services and document participant communication and activities in participant file and database, meeting all required deadlines.
- Meet regularly with participants to assess progress and ensure active engagement in both the employment plan and the financial wellness plan.
- Provide job leads to participants and ensure preparation by providing education on job search techniques, hiring processes, and current labor market information.
- Assist participants with accessing community resources through referrals when appropriate; including, providing support services such as bus passes when eligible or directing to their assigned case manager when housed within A New Leaf.
Education and Experience:
- High School or GED, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, Business Administration, or a related field, a PLUS!
- One year experience in employment and training programs, case management and/or career development activities or social service programs relative to special populations.
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Current auto liability insurance
- Clean 39-month driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Phoenix, AZ, USA