Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability. A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
The West Valley Housing Assistance Center is an A New Leaf Shelter Services site located in Surprise that will serve residents primarily from the west valley needing family shelter. This program will provide 7 families shelter at any given time. One family per unit. Each unit will have short term comforts of beds, table, minimum furnishings to include a min refrigerator. Families will have food provided for them in the dining hall in the form of three meals a day. This program is important because there are west valley residents who are currently experiencing homeless and/or needing resources brought closer to them as they seek assistance. Shelter services will serve only families with children 0-18.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of direct Case Manager experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish not mandatory but preferred
- Experience in the homeless adult field/knowledge of community resources preferred
- Experience in social service-related field preferred
- Experience with technical and electronic devices for recording, photos, presentations, and instructional videos preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and complete intake and check-in protocols, including bedbug and contraband searches, basic needs and hygiene supplies, and all required paperwork with incoming clients.
- Identify immediate needs and provide appropriate resources to address needs, including providing any referrals or setting up transportation as needed.
- Maintain “low barrier” services in an emergency shelter program.
- Coordinate and facilitate resident’s program orientations.
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Complete documentation/paperwork accurately/timely/correctly.
- Attend/participate in meetings/facilitate staff training.
- Support administrative, case management and front-line staffing.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with clients, A NEW LEAF employee, community members, and the public to ensure proper representation of A NEW LEAF.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or projects as requested by management.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Determine priority for program components in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Surprise, AZ, USA