Bankwork$ / Financial Instructor
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability. A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s Workforce Services programs help all job seekers re-enter the job market. BankWork$ is a free eight-week, intensive jobs-training program that prepares individuals for a career in the financial sector. The program covers essential skills needed to succeed in the financial industry. This includes business etiquette, banking regulations, handling cash, and preparing for the interview.
If you'd like to be a part of helping participants in this program to be able to find secure employment, better pay, and advancement opportunities, then join our team! This program helps households better provide for themselves, their families, and gives them a change to get ahead. BankWork$ partners with Arizona's top employers in the financial industry, providing a bridge from career training to employment. Program graduates connect with the institutions and have better job opportunities.
Hourly Pay Rate: $25.00
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8am - 5pm (9hrs) + Friday 8am - 12pm (4hr/partial day)
Primary Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Facilitate BankWork$ 8-week training cohorts.
- Organize and develop guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Assist in the preparation of program audits and monitoring visits.
- Participate in special assignments on various project as determined by the Program Director.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to implement program recruitment, screening, enrollment, job placement, instruction, and training.
- Establish clear objectives for all presentations and communicate those objectives to all staff and individuals in the BankWork$ program.
- Instruct participants individually/in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussion, and group activities to include in-person/remote learning platforms.
- Evaluate content, processes, practices, and training activities for quality and value, make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Collaboratively cultivate partnerships with program funders, community colleges, retail banking and finance industry employers, government agencies, and community-based organizations to nurture outreach strategies and funding sources.
- High School or GED required
- AA degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in the banking industry.
- Professional training experience as a trainer, teacher, instructor or educator.
- BONUS if you have experience in curriculum design and implementation.
- Trainer experience within banking is a PLUS.
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment. For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Phoenix, AZ, USA